برنامج أوفيد لمنح الماجستير للطلاب من الدول النامية
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship.
Host Institution(s): Any accredited university/college in the world
Field of Study: Any field of study related to Development or Energy Studies
Number of Scholarships: The OFID scholarship will be awarded to support one student or candidate for Master’s degree studies.
The applicant may be from any developing country ( including Arab Countries such as : Algeria, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Arab Emirates, Djibouti, Egypt, Mauritania , Morocco, Somalia, Sudan, Jordan , Oman, Palestine, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Tunisia, Lebanon, Bahrain,
The winner of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a tuition support of up to US$50,000. The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a quarterly basis.
Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant, equal to two-month allowance. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants
– Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
– Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
– Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
– Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
– Must be a national of a developing country (please see list of eligible countries below)
– Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Applications are done online. Make sure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply. The application deadline is 1 May 2013.
Please do not call or email OFID to see if your application has been received (you will, in any case, receive an automated confirmation) or to inquire about your status. Only the winner will be notified by 13 June 2013 at OFID’s website.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
More information can be found atOfficial Scholarship Websitefrom here